Sunday, November 8, 2009

Distortions

I really enjoyed the TCNJ Art Gallery's new exhibit called Distortions. All of the pieces were very unique and really allow the viewer to explore Mexican contemporary art. The best part of the Gallery opening was seeing a live performance by one of the artists. His video version of the piece was interesting also but seeing the live performance really enhanced the experience. If I'm not mistaken the ice record played a version of the Mexican nation anthem which I thought was an interesting choice because it raises the question of whether the piece is about Mexican pride or indifference. Unfortunately I was unable to stay for the panel discussion because I had to go to work but I would have liked to hear more about what the artists had to say about their artworks.

No comments:

Post a Comment